<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, September 17, 2003

More mobile phone-based ranting

Here we go again. Today is the day that my old number was due to "port" from my old SIM card to my new SIM card. My first indication that this was happening was when attempting to send a text message - it kept saying "Message not sent, try again later". I then tried phoning my mobile from my landline with the new SIM card in situ. At first, I got through to my old voicemail, then I started getting "The number you have dialled has not been recognized". So I left it for a bit, tried calling from the landline again, and eventually got through to my new network provider's voicemail, so thought "Wa-hey! I'm in action!"

Yeah, right...

Tried sending various text messages to various recipients but got the mysterious message "Number not in use". Phoned network provider customer services line (which, I might add, sounded suspiciously like it was based in India - what kind of topsy-turvy world do we live in?) who told me that it could take up to 24 hours until I can send texts.

Now, up until a couple of months ago, this wouldn't have been a major issue. However, over the past month I have sent several hundred text messages (yes, largely to the "Big Fella" - long distance relationships are great...) so to be out of action for a whole 24 hours is just not acceptable. Furthermore, the aforementioned acne-ridden youth made no mention of this potential issue when I signed up for 12 months of contract-based nonsense.

So whilst I can make voice calls (which I don't), I can't send text messages (which I do, all the time).
Bums!

Witho is not a happy bunny
Still off sick too.....


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?