<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, September 23, 2003

Your wish is my command

A good friend of mine who has been collecting some of my pre-blog "Dear Witho..." ramblings reminded me of a message I'd sent a couple of months ago, which went like this:

Dear world

Please provide the following:
A nice tall man to give me some lovin'

Love Witho


A couple of weeks later, I met the big fella....
Now ain't that a tale to warm the cockles of your heart?

Now, that's a funny phrase isn't it? I, personally, don't believe that there are shellfish lurking within my ventricles, but I could be wrong...

This phrase (i.e. "warm the cockles of your heart") was the answer to a cryptic crossword clue that a friend and I were doing some time ago. We knew it had something to do with seafood and feeling good, but just couldn't put our finger on it. One solution we came up with was "when the lobster is your world" - as Roy Walker would say:

It's good, but it's not right....


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?