<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, October 02, 2003

Another "gadget-based" saga...

A potted history of my MP3 player:

Bought MP3 player from Amazon (6 months ago)
Loved it!
USB cable stopped working a few weeks ago
Tried to get replacement from any number of appropriate outlets
No such cable appears to exist in the Western World - it is clearly a figment of my imagination
Went to Amazon website which recommended contacting manufacturer
Contacted crazy Korean manufacturer
Was told I had to pay for said cable (the bank charges for the bank transfer would far outweigh the value of the cable)
Was disgruntled
Contacted Amazon
Was told to send the whole thing back in original package to get a replacement

Now, I don't need to replace the whole thing, I just want a new cable. What a load of rigmarole!

So for the last few weeks I've been listening only to Talk Talk (incidentally, one of the most under-rated groups of the 80s IMHO so it's not so bad...) without being able to change it. And if I do send the whole thing back (which I suspect I shall have to) I'll be without my musical accompaniment for several days. How will I cope?

Bums....


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?