<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, October 28, 2003

Witho's dream

I don't often remember dreams. But when I do, it's surreal. Last night being no exception...

The only details I remember are these:

I was at some sort of environmental protest site (à la "Swampy" stylee). Not sure of the details of the protest, suffice it to say, there were various hippies sitting around. I was engaged in grooming a horse which had a very curly mane. The horse was lying down. Once I'd finished, the horse got up and gave me a hug (not entirely sure of the logistics here...) presumably in recognition of my no doubt admirable grooming efforts, and then a random work colleague (who sits behind me) appeared on the scene and joined our human-equine hugging session. We were all a bit emotional with tears in our eyes, but in a happy, contented way.

I dread to think what this nonsense reveals about my addled brain...

I'm actually scared of horses, although I like them - if that makes any sense. I think they're nice, dignified creatures, but their sheer size and power frightens me.

My family were on holiday in the Cotswolds, staying in a converted barn which was on a farm complex. There was an adjoining field with some horses in it. My sister and I wanted to feed the horse an apple, so we went up to it, and proffered the apple. The horse approached, but as soon as its mouth started manoeuvring towards the apple, we both got scared, threw the apple on the ground and ran away. I bet you think this happened when we were kids but it was only a few years ago! I try to do the country thing, but sometimes I'm a bit too "London" for my own good...

Hmmm, afternoon rambling - beats pretending to do work....
Laters
Witho


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?