<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, November 06, 2003

The Big Fella

Low quality pic of the Big Fella (playing his "gitt-tarrr" [said in Southern American drawl - I always say it like that for some reason]) now available on the old Moblog. You can't see him very well - which is probably just as well, as he may not want his picture plastered all over the interweb for any Tom, Dick or Harry to see!

Once again, apologies to my work colleagues who won't see it (textamerica is barred from our work PCs), but you've seen him in real life anyway!

MP3 news

Having received my replacement MP3 player (muchos excitement - as Hannabella would say), I rigged it up to the old PC to discover that the software still wouldn't recognise that the player was connected, so it appears that the fault was not with the player after all, and is likely to be with my PC USB connection. Nuts! So now I'm going to test this hypothesis by getting my friend to come round with his digital camera to see if that works as that would use the same USB socket. If the camera doesn't work, I'll know that it's my USB socket and can take some action. If, however, the camera does work, I'll simply collapse on the floor in a heap and cry. This is often my solution to technical and/or DIY issues. Like when I was trying to put some shelves up in a recess. I successfully screwed battens onto two of the walls, then when I came to the third, turned out the wall was not solid, so my whole plan for chunky "floating" shelves was scuppered. Months later, this abortive attempt at shelf-building is still in evidence. If you look carefully, you can still see the tear stains...

Job news

Application forms eh? I much prefer the lazy option of just sending a cv with a covering letter, but these so-called equal opportunities employers will insist on making you fill in an application form. I'd forgotten what a time-consuming business this can be - if you want to do it right! Person Specifications, job descriptions, trying to remember what I was doing between October 1997 and April 1998 (or similar). Deary me... The latest one asks me how many days off sick I've had in the last 2 years. If they'd asked me a few months ago, the answer would have been "ermmm, about 2". However, now it's more like 15, after my bout of random ailments of a couple of months ago. Looks like I've put that behind me now though, touch wood...

Other news


That's about it for now
Laters
Witho


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?