<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, November 12, 2003

It started with a text message....

3 months ago (yesterday), I sent the following text (word for word - I've kept it... though I've changed the names to protect the innocent...):

Hi Big Fella, Witho here. J gave me your number, hope you don't mind... Enjoyed your company last weekend, felt a "vibe". If you felt it too, would love to hear from you. If not, no worries, ignore this msg and sorry if I have embarrassed you... Bye for now, Witho :)

Sensibly, as advised by my old desk-mate "Humsty Dumsty" (as I called him), I requested a delivery receipt for the text message. This turned out to be a good move - evidently BF had his mobile switched off, so I didn't get the receipt for at least an hour - an hour spent biting nails, pacing around my flat like a caged tiger and shaking uncontrollably - who knows what I would have been like if I hadn't requested the delivery receipt? Hmmm, probably much the same, but more so... Anyway, once the delivery receipt arrived, the real palpitations started, but it wasn't long before the phone bleeped again with his (as it turned out, delighted) reply. From that point on, my life was turned upside down... we've been inseparable ever since... well, not physically, since we live 100 miles apart, but you know what I mean...

For once, I took control of my life. I took a bit of a risk, but it paid off - big time

Yesterday, I took another risk. I'm hoping that this one will pay off too. We only get one crack of this "whip" we call life...


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?