<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, January 08, 2004

Innovation

Today, I stumbled onto the station platform just as a train rumbled in. Now, normally I would get the Cannon Street train (my office is a short stumble from Cannon St) which stops absolutely everywhere, allowing an increasing number of people to try and insert themselves into a decreasing amount of space, but this one was fast to Waterloo East, and after yesterday's débacle I thought "well, at least no-one else can get on the train before I get off it" so I jumped on, thinking "I'll simply get the Waterloo and Shitty Line to Bank". Naïve Witho...

Whilst the journey to Waterloo was painless, the Waterloo and Shitty Line was an absolute scrum. So what I saved in getting to Waterloo without stopping was immediately counteracted by:


On balance, I'm not sure which is worse. What's certain is that neither is ideal... Maybe I could just walk from Waterloo, or get a bus or something. Or maybe whatever I do, I'm doomed to become part of the moving pinstripe carpet which is the City of London...

At least I had the foresight to wear a different pair of trousers to work, so that I could get changed out of the wet ones into the dry ones. My hair looks like rats' tails though...

I found an alternative coffee supplier this morning, but the latte was a bit weak - I'll get them to put an extra shot in next time...

What a boring post *yawns*


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?