<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, March 25, 2004

Backblog

Right. The laptop is still not sorted - BF brought it home with him yesterday, and I rigged it all up, only to be told in no uncertain terms that it was unable to detect a modem. I tried to fool it into thinking that there *was* a modem, but it wasn't having any of it. The way I see it is this:

Either

A very scientific analysis, I think you'll agree.

So, I'm in the local library. I came down here on Tuesday to find out how to join, as BF had mentioned that they have free internet access. The librarian told me to come back with some id. So, my plan was to go back on Wednesday. Not having been to a library for 100 years (approx.) I forgot about the old "closed on Wednesday" chestnut... and it didn't reopen until 2pm today! But I got there in the end...

Anyway, here's the news from Witho:

School

My old school won an Evening Standard award.. Well done, Green School (as it's affectionately known)... I never thought a school I went to would ever win an award...

TK Maxx

Went to the Maxx on Tuesday, looking for jeans. Well, needless to say, I didn't find what I was looking for, but I did an "even better than that", and bought a selection of lingerie items, plus a t-shirt which had "cat" (out of "cat bag") on it. Despite the fact that the t-shirt didn't fit me, I bought it anyway, and plan to find a new home for the cat motif... possibly on a t-shirt which fits me - how innovative?... I also found a nice, sexy, black t-shirt which, I noticed whilst trying it on, had a monochrome motif of Hong Kong Phooey ("Number One Super Guy" apparently...) on it. I wanted it so much, but I was gutted to discover that the t-shirt didn't fit me, so I left it behind with a tear in my eye...

Job news



Recycling

Tried to do recycling on Monday, but turned up 15 minutes after it closed... so went on Tuesday instead. Now I've explained before about having to pay if you're not a resident of Bexley, so I turned up and waited at the gate to hand over the money, but no-one came, so I drove in tentatively, and this guy came up to my car. I wound down the window "Erm, I'm not a Bexley resident" I trilled, lowering my eyes and fluttering my eyelashes. "I'll let you in anyway" said the guy, whilst chewing on a match...

Maybe I should go without the BF in future, so that I don't have to pay!

Solicitors

I got a letter from my solicitors this morning, concerning the sale of my flat. Below is a faithful reproduction of the opening paragraph:

I have heard today from the Solicitors acting for your Buyers confirming that they are in receipt of the various papers that have been forwarded to them confirming that they are in the process of reporting to their client.

Erm, thanks for letting me know... I think...


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?