<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, March 08, 2004

Ch-ch-ch-changes!

Following on from the last post, in the past year I have:


A selection of things which haven't changed:



Incidentally...

We nearly didn't find out about BF's job. I'll tell you for why, shall I?

When BF applied for the job, he knew that the interviews were taking place during his half term, when he would be in Southampton, at my flat, as I was working out my final week at [insert company name] at Head Office. So he supplied my telephone number as well as his home address, making sure he made it clear that the Southampton details should only be used during that week. You can see what's coming, can't you?

So, we were driving down to my brother's on Friday night for his birthday celebration weekend, and BF was fretting that he hadn't heard any news from Taunton. He knew that the final interviews were taking place on the Thursday, so any time after that he was expecting to hear one way or the other. I thought it was strange that he hadn't heard, as he had been in close contact with the Deputy Head (his old Latin teacher) throughout the application process. It suddenly struck me that they might have tried to phone my flat in Southampton...

My friend/neighbour has a key to the flat, so we asked her to check the answerphone. Sure enough, there was a message from the Headmaster...

You know the rest...

So if I hadn't thought to ring my neighbour, BF still may not have known he had the job!

Apparently, the decision to take him on was unanimous... so it's not just me who thinks the sun shines out of his @rse then....


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?