<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, March 17, 2004

A mixed bag

This morning:

Witho wakes up, BF is already awake

He: I've overslept

*Witho looks at clock - it's 06:20 - BF gets up at 06:00*

Me: Oh, well there's nothing you can do about it now, just get on with it *snuggles back down to sleep*
He: Bums, what am I going to do? *shows no sign of getting up*
Me: Well, just get up now, get the later bus....

*Witho thinks: hang on...oh I know*

Me: ... do you want me to give you a lift in to school love?
He: Would you mind?
Me: No, course not...

Bless 'im, he didn't want to ask outright...

As it turned out, with me giving him a lift 20 minutes later than he would normally leave, he got into work 10 minutes earlier than he usually would getting his two buses, or thereabouts... I got to come back home and go back to bed - how decadent! How guilt-inducing! Okay, we've been through all that....

Job News

Swiss left a comment with a link to some contract work which could tide me over until we leave London in the summer. (we're leaving London in the summer! Cool!) It's doing what I used to do at [insert company name], but with less responsibility and probably a higher equivalent hourly rate (yes Swiss, I know it probably balances out in the end, what with the benefits and so on...), plus a bit of French thrown in. I'm no expert, but there can't be *that* many iSeries developers who speak fluent French. But anyway, as a short term option, it's something I probably should consider. So I've sent the agency my cv and we'll see what happens...

Meanwhile, I got a call from a secretarial agency this morning (to whom I'd sent my cv) and they want me to go to their offices on Friday to register. They apparently have lots of work going in South East London, which would suit me. The hourly rate would be considerably less than the contract work...

Still struggling with my long term options. Teaching is like an itch that needs to be scratched, but it seems like a risk to go down that road, only to find that it's not what I want or that I can't do it... There's something about teaching which scares the sh*t out of me, but so much that appeals... BF has suggested that I do some lesson observations at some local schools to get a feel for the classroom from the teacher's side - he did this when he was deciding whether or not to do a PGCE. I think it's a good idea - just got to pluck up the courage to give some places a call...

Flat news

We now need to put BF's flat on the market, since we're leaving London in the summer (we're leaving London in the summer! Cool!). Originally, he had two potential private buyers, but both have backed off due to financial issues, so we're going to have to get the vultures parasites estate agents involved... However, one of the guys who came round to value the flat talked a lot of sense and came up with some interesting ideas, so we'll see...



This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?