<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, April 07, 2004

Blue Sky

The last few times I've been to the cinema, I've seen a trailer for the film "Eternal sunshine of the spotless mind". What interested me about the trailer was not the film itself, but the use of the song "Mr Blue Sky" by ELO (you can listen to a snippet of it here if you're not sure what I'm talking about). For me, this song is so evocative - it reminds me of my (fortunately, very happy) childhood. My brother bought the 7" of this at the time it was in the charts, on blue vinyl - how cool is that?

It's one of those songs where you just know every drumbeat, strum, key change - all of it is so very familiar...

So, every time I saw the trailer, I thought "I must try and get hold of this song" (lord only knows what happened to the blue vinyl version... it may still be lurking in my brother's loft...)

Yesterday, the BF and I were on our way back home and he suggested we pop in the charity shop and have a nose around. I wasn't overly keen, thinking that we were both supposed to be ridding ourselves of junk rather than accumulating more of it, but he dragged me in there anyway. What should we find, but ELO's Greatest Hits on CD - for the princely sum of £2. Yes, two of Her Majesty's finest pounds sterling. And, of course, thereupon, the final track - "Mr Blue Sky".... Needless to say, I snapped it up immediately!

Woo-hoo!

It's been going round my head since...

In other news...

Today, I signed up with another agency which, as it turned out, are a sister company to one of the other agencies with whom I'd already signed up. This turned out to be handy, as it meant I didn't have to go through all the typing and MS Word tests again... I'd already noticed the text sitting next to the PC in the interview room was the same text as I'd used on the copy typing test from last time...

Again, they seemed hopeful of being able to find me something locally - which they always do, though I haven't seen much evidence of this so far...



This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?