<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, April 22, 2004

Bums...

No, not real bums, with buttocks and that. Just figurative ones...

I got a letter today from the University of Greenwich, inviting me for an interview. I must have applied for this job over a month ago... It's some admin job at one of their campuses (campi? BF?) which is literally minutes away from here. "Good news, Witho" I bet you're thinking. "That'll get you out of the flat and stop this ceaseless moping to which you have become worringly accustomed..." you add, helpfully...

But listen, this is a permanent job. I don't really know why I applied for a permanent job - I must have done it before BF got his job in Taunton or something, but now I've got the dilemma. The interview is mid-May - which means the job may not start until June at the earliest, I'm leaving London in August... I think I'm just going to have to tell them the truth...

Other Greenwich-based news

I'm currently composing a very long letter (more of an essay, actually) to Greenwich Council regarding this window fiasco. On looking more closely at the paperwork they sent, I really think they've failed to "do the math, girlfriend". On the one hand, they cite major works which will *only* be carried out in tenanted flats (i.e. those still owned by the council) whilst on the other, they are recharging these works to the mugs Leaseholders. Either they're trying to pull the wool over people's eyes, or they got the work-experience girl to put together the spreadsheet. Well, la Witho has time to kill and nits to pick, so watch out Greenwich!

To be honest, I doubt that my sarcastic witterings will make any difference to their crazy idea of sending people bills for £16,000, but I must feel I'm doing something. Once finished, I may post some (or even all) of it on here for your delectation...


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?