<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, April 05, 2004

OMG! I met another blogger!

Those of you familiar with the lovely Fluffbags will probably already have seen her account of our encounter today (my first meeting with a fellow blogger I might add, aside from those people I knew *before* they were "famous"...)

"So, what did you make of Fluffy?" I hear you clamouring to ask... What struck me about her was how ... well... normal she seems. I hope she won't take this the wrong way. Having read her blog for some time and knowing what she's been through (and is going through at the moment), I suppose I expected her to be, well, somewhat... unhinged, unstable, some other word beginning with un-. But no, she wasn't un-anything. A gorgeous, smiling, welcoming, relaxed Fluffy - how do you do it girl? You must be made of strong stuff...

We'd gone to Fluffy's to drop off some clothes which I'd sorted out as part of the "rationalisation" (a.k.a. clearout) of my flat. I'd mentioned in a comment box that I had several bags of stuff for charity, and Fluff said she might be interested in having a look - so we popped in briefly on the way back from Southampton. Our arrival was greeted with the sight of three little girls peering out of the living room window wide-eyed and excited - angelic, just as they are in the photos... bless 'em. I'd barely got over the threshold, when Tally offered me her pink bear figurine, saying "would you like it?". I politely declined, but she insisted on making me a pink badge with hearts on it. Gaby was serene on the sofa, watching LOTR "The Two Towers". I asked her if she'd seen it before. "Oh yeah, loads of times..." she replied, nonchalantly. Milly was wide-eyed, drinking her juice, eating her Quavers (or were they Skips?), staring at the two tall strangers sitting on the sofa opposite...

So, my first meeting with an "internet friend" - other than the slightly topsy-turvy way of meeting someone in the flesh after knowing some of the more intimate details of their life, it was just fine... I don't know why I expected it to be otherwise...

Look forward to seeing you again, Fluff...


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?