<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, May 05, 2004

Non-liquorice allsorts

Well, that's what Bassett's will have us believe, with their so-called fruity allsorts - I'll none of them! (To borrow a phrase from me old mate and fellow 23rd April-er, Shakey).

So, here is the news from Withodom:

Job

I'm still working at the same place, but doing 9 - 6 instead of 10 - 6. Hey, I'm paid by the hour, so that's more money for me! Although I was enjoying driving to work when no-one else was driving to work, and getting up at a rather civilised hour, and blogging a bit before work. But at least I can listen to Johnny Vaughan on the way to work...

I was described by the MD as a "godsend" the other day - little do they know I was sent by the devil. Mwah ha ha ha ha!

Today the MD threw up in the office - Witho ran away (Witho always runs away when people throw up - it's a real phobia. Not handy when you have to watch your mum go through chemotherapy, but that's probably another story...). Well, I just hid for a while, then I came back...

All in all though, I'm getting on fine. The job is not rocket science (which is handy, because unlike Tilesey, I'm not actually a rocket scientist - but *he* is you know!) but it keeps me busy and they seem to think I'm doing a good job.

Blogsville

Due to the job, I've been neglecting my blogroll. I'm also aware that I'm being visited by some new people and have yet to really properly check their blogs out. I feel bad. But this job - it's not like my old job, where having several Internet Explorer windows up at any given time (as long as you had at least one "work" screen to flick to as appropriate) was part of the office culture. In this job, I work all day - yes, really. I don't have a personal email account there, I work on different PCs depending on what I'm doing - it just doesn't feel right to blog from there. I must admit to having snuck out to a couple of blogs this morning, but it won't happen often (she says now...)

So blogging has to happen in the evenings - but so does Big-Fella-ing - and the latter is more important than the former, so I try to keep the former to a minimum. Sorry... But he's watching Chelsea v Monaco at the moment, so I'm allowed to play for a bit...

Toast

We stayed in a hotel at the weekend, overlooking the Avon Gorge. The hotel has an appropriate name for its location, which I'll leave you to guess...

Anyway, it was quite expensive (by Bargain-Witho's standards), but I was surprised to note that guests were required to make their own toast at breakfast. Yes, you had to stand around a central bank of toasters (2 six-slotters, in a Dualit style, but clearly not Dualits otherwise Witho's drooling would have shorted them out...) waiting for your toast to pop up. And whilst this methodology will ensure the freshest, hottest toast, I'm not sure it's in the spirit of luxury hotel catering...

That's all for now. Got hair to wash and Big Fellas to "amuse"...



This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?