<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, June 02, 2004

Sleepy boggles

Sleep that knits up the ravelled sleave of care,
The death of each day's life, sore labour's bath,
Balm of hurt minds, great Nature's second course,
Chief nourisher in life's feast.


- Shakespeare, Macbeth

Good old Shakey, eh? He's got something to say on most things...

I'm fascinated by sleep. I just love it - sometimes I wish I were awake when I'm asleep just so that I can experience it more fully - how weird is that?

I also like to observe others sleeping - they just look so sweet, innocent and vulnerable. I often wonder what I get up to when I'm asleep. I've never had any reports of snoring, walking, talking or other activities, but I think this is at least partly because, in any given coupledom situation, I'm always the lighter sleeper. I think it would be cool if I was a sleep talker or something... if I can't be interesting when I'm awake, at least I could be when I'm asleep...

I know I woke myself (and the BF) up the other day squealing because I was dreaming about a big beetle (about 3 inches wide by 4 inches long) which was burrowing out of the ground and suddenly it started flying around my head.

The BF amuses me with his nocturnal activities - of which he never has any recollection. I, unfortunately for him, do, and intend to share some of these with you, my dear readers. Please feel free to pop over to his blog and jeer at him...

The other night, I woke up at about 3am and was aware of being grabbed and kissed very passionately by him, after which he muttered something incoherent and slumped back to sleep.

On another occasion, he grabbed hold of me and declared undying love for me, hugged me tight and, again, slumped back to sleep.

A couple of times, I've woken up to find him sitting up on the edge of the bed. On being asked what he's doing, he mutters something and then snuggles back down into bed.

I guess he must be asleep when he's doing these things, which is why he can't remember...



This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?