<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Saturday, July 24, 2004

Jobs eh, who'd 'ave 'em?
 
An old friend of mine pointed me in the direction of this website - it belongs to a girl who went to the same Primary School as we did. After working in Product Marketing for a number of years (I can only imagine it *is* as dull as it sounds), she decided to go and do something she did anyway (advising people on what to wear, à la Trinny and Susanna) and get paid for it. She's got her own television programme too. Well, good for her.

This is the kind of thing I'm searching for. I've taken the first (some might say foolish) step and walked away from my career in corporate drudgery, but I just don't have a plan. To be honest, I don't know if I have the guts to do something along these lines.

I'm still going round in circles about teaching - I know my subject (French), but can I communicate my knowledge to others? Can I take control of 30 odd teenagers, can I command respect and authority, can I deal with confrontations, will I just burst into tears when a kid is "nasty" to me? I get the impression that the only way to find out would be to enrol on the PGCE (Post Graduate Certificate of Education)... But what if it's the wrong move for me?

So, it was with some relief that I found this website over at Billy's, which generated some ideas for my new career:

Just need to find a village, then!

 




This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?