<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, July 09, 2004

What planet...?

The other day at work, the boss asked me to send an email to a client on her behalf - she doesn't send any of her own emails. This fact is worthy of a post in its own right, and I will come to that eventually, but for now that's not relevant.

So, I send the email. A little later, colleague S checks the incoming emails "Oh, there's a reply from client G". She prints out the email (this too deserves comment, but again, I digress) and passes it to the boss. His reply is a simple question in relation to the original email sent by the boss.

Boss: *reads email* I don't think he's seen my email yet has he?
Colleague S: Erm, yes he has, that's the reply you're reading now
Boss: But what I mean is, he hasn't seen my email yet, has he?
Witho: *largely incredulous* Well, yes, he replied to it, so he must at least have opened it or viewed it in some way
Boss: *bewildered* I just don't think he has seen it
Colleague S: *somewhat exasperated* But the fact that your message is attached at the bottom of the message means that he must have opened the message and pressed "reply"
Boss: *concept still not quite grasped* How do you know?
Witho: *can't believe she's even having this conversation* In order to reply, he has to open or select your message and press reply. That means he must, at the very least, have seen your message

...



This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?