<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, August 18, 2004

Another one bites the dust...

My car has been written off - my second write off in 18 months, after years of accident-free driving. Both write-offs, I hasten to add, were the fault of someone else. For the first one, I wasn't even there - I was happily watching a film at the cinema when someone drove into the back of my parked car - André was his name. My friend S named him using the following (some might say twisted) logic:

So, when André was taken to car heaven, my sister stepped in and offered to sell me her car, known as "Monkey" due to its colour being likened to "Monkey Sick" (I wouldn't have gone out and *chosen* such a colour, now would I?). She was in the market for a new car anyway, and selling her car to me would mean she'd have to get her arse in gear and buy a new one. So the plan was hatched - Monkey would be mine - woo ha ha ha haaaaaaa! Or something...

So, Monkey is no more, and I have to think about buying a new car at a time when I don't really want to have to think about buying a new car. And what's it going to be, this new car of mine...? Maybe my sister will decide she needs another new one and will sell me her Seat Leon (mmm, air con, CD player, a normal, non yellow colour...) - at least then I wouldn't have to make a decision...

I somehow doubt it.

I've been coveting an Audi A3 or a VW Golf for some time now - I'm a grown up, surely I'm allowed to have a grown up car? But somehow it seems a bit extravagant - especially for someone who doesn't currently have a job. Oh yes, I've got money - not quite coming out of my ears, but certainly in the vicinity of the aural canal system. But that's for proper things like a house. For some reason, I've never been frivolous with cars - I think I don't deserve a "posh" one, so I've made do with small, economical, modest cars. Plus, there's the environmental consideration - I don't need a bigger, more powerful car which consumes more fuel and spews out more exhaust fumes. Answers in a comment box please...

Quiz Update

Top of the form is the BF with 90, followed by "teacher's pets" Ms Jones, Raymondo and Minnow on a very respectable score of 70. Ro has 60, while Eloise and Billy have 50 apiece. The top 6 are people who have met me, whilst those languishing below know me only by the written word. So no great surprises there. The question which has foxed most is the one about the chronology of Witho's "accessories" - not surprisingly, as all of them apart from Dog Purse were in situ before I started the blog, so how were you to know? Well, I didn't want to make it too easy, did I?

Comments

Sorry Microsoft, it wasn't your fault after all. Yes, I did install a Windows Update but I also did a Live Update on Norton Internet Security at the same time - which I have now tweaked to allow certain pop-ups (comment boxes being classed as such in some circles...)



This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?