<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, August 20, 2004

Strawberry shoes forever...



BF, on seeing Witho's new shoes: "Those are the gayest shoes I've *ever* seen!"
Witho: "Am I bothered though?"




Stop Press:

Just seen this - an issue close to my heart, as a self-proclaimed, unsolicited, surreptitious spell-checker of blogs. If you look at the comments people have left on the blog post (follow the link in the article), interesting questions are raised about "Grammar Bitchery" vs Evolution of Language and self expression, particularly in the realm of the blog as a modern form of communication. But is bad grammar and spelling indicative of evolution? I'm not convinced.

Why does it bother me when people misuse apostrophes? Why do spelling mistakes annoy me so much? To be honest, I don't really know... maybe I need to take a chill pill.


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?