Thursday, August 19, 2004
I suffer from an affliction. I call this affliction "Word Association Singing Phenomenon" or WASP for short. Here's how it works:
- Witho sees or hears a word or combination of words which act as a sub-conscious trigger
- Witho sings a song which contains this combination of words or a bastardisation thereof, without actually realising what has triggered it
- Witho keeps finding herself singing "Luka" by Suzanne Vega whenever she goes into the study
- One day, Witho notices a box in the study, which used to contain a microwave. The manufacturer is "LUKER" which is marked on the box in large letters
- Witho says to self: "Ahhh, now I see..."
- Housse says to Witho "I really like these jeans"
- Witho sings: "These Dreams" by Heart, but using the lyric "These jeans"
- Housse rolls eyes and wanders off
There are many more examples (none of which I can actually think of right now). Does anyone else suffer from a similar phenomenon?