<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, August 05, 2004

A year ago today...

... I found myself back at work, pondering on the events of the weekend while making it seem as if I was doing work by flicking between windows on my PC screen - a technique many people at [insert company name] have perfected. Although to be fair, I hadn't really started blogging at this point (only reading, not writing), so may have actually been doing some work - yes, I know, hard to believe isn't it? What I really wanted to do was discuss the situation with Swiss Toni with whom I shared a bank of desks and a love of strong coffee and almond croissants. He had shared with me the dénouement of his own relationship and was keen to advise me in matters of the heart (as well as a variety of other matters). But alas, Swiss was on holiday at the time - gallivanting around Europe in his VW Camper Van, so I pondered alone. For some reason, I didn't feel I wanted to discuss the situation with my main circle of friends: S, S, J, C, T and S etc. Maybe because they knew H, whereas Toni didn't - sometimes it's easier to discuss things with "outsiders"...

So I dithered:

H was a guy with whom I had loads in common:

and these were just the things I knew at this stage - many more (some scary) would come to light...

We were comfortable in each other's company, he seemed genuinely interested in me and listened to what I had to say. He was tall and handsome - I could imagine myself in his arms. He was laid back, funny, silly. I could be myself in his company. I felt a vibe, a chemistry... something intangible...

Surely all of this was an opportunity not to be missed...

That wink - did that mean he was interested? If he was, he would get my number from J and call me, wouldn't he?

Well, wouldn't he?



This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?