<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, September 15, 2004

There's nowt as queer as folk!

It's funny, you never know which posts will be comment-worthy. I thought the mobile phone one would draw in the remarks: "Ooh, Witho, you should've got a such-and-such", or "Oh, I hate those customer 'service' lines that keep you on hold", or (adopt hoarse "40 a day" voice): "'ardest game in the world, the old mobile phone. I was with Vodafone for 25 years, man and boy... " but no, just a couple of comments ensued. Then I post about a bit of cellophane on an aubergine (eggplant) and you're like a bunch of vultures, drawn to the smell of death, swooping down towards the rotting carcass of my post to feed on its bloody sinews. You crazy bunch!

Anyway, this week I'm being a bit more proactive on the job front. I've applied for a job in Education - a senior administrative position in a not-for-profit organisation. I've also sent my cv to various agencies, some of which have already called me in for a registration chat, and I'm off to the job centre today. I spotted some ads in the newspaper for training to be a voice over artist... I think I might be too common though. I've got quite a posh telephone voice, but after a while I lapse into Cockney... Although these days, it's more acceptable to have a regional accent in the media. I do like the idea of being a voiceover though...

Erm, other than that, contracts have been exchanged on the Big Fella's flat in London and a completion date has been set. That'll be a load off our minds...

God, that was dull. Don't worry, I'll stop now...



This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?