<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, September 22, 2004

Witho has...

... jobs comin' out of 'er ear'oles!

Jobs, it seems to me, are like buses. You stand there at the bus stop in the freezing cold, waiting. Waiting and wondering if there's a non-smoking equivalent of the "cigarette trick"* to lure a bus into view. You've even opened your mind to other buses - buses that you wouldn't normally take, but that will get you somewhere at least... Then, just when you start to lose both the will to live and the sensations in your hands, along they come. Always "they", always a plurality of buses...

So, after weeks of waiting at the employment "bus stop", it appears that I have performed some manner of cigarette trick. Not only am I currently working - although at this *precise* moment I'm blogging, but there's actually no work for me to do at the moment, so I don't feel *too* bad - I had a phone call yesterday inviting me to interview for a *proper* job and another phone call this morning from a different agency about a job which will start straight after this one.

Witho is in demand!




*If you light a cigarette at the bus stop, the bus is virtually guaranteed to come before the second drag. Fact.


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?