<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, October 28, 2004

Witho, you mug!

I'll put you out of your misery!

The images below are potential designs for bone china mugs. Y'see, my sister-in-law's mother is a bit of a fuss-pot. She'll only drink tea from bone china. I make no comment upon this, apart, of course, from "WTF????"...

With her birthday fast approaching, my sister-in-law asked for some bone china mugs with a contemporary design which would fit with her chosen colour scheme - i.e. chocolate/cream/coffee colours - with maybe an art deco twist (she lives in a 1930s house). I don't know if you've ever tried to buy bone china mugs, but most are printed with ornate flowers, kittens, puppies, ladies with bonnets or pastoral scenes. There are some modern ones available, but not in the colours/designs she is after.

So, being a resourceful soul, I managed to find a website which would print bone china mugs to my own design. You send them a jpg, they print it onto the mug. The images you see are my attempts at a home-grown design. Imagine a white, bone china mug with one of these patterns on it - has this made you change your mind?

A was the art deco inspired version, B, C and D are modern but with a hint of 70s retro. I think the colours may need adjusting (to my mind, D has the tones I like best), but this can be done easily.

I sent the designs to my brother (whose wife is my sister-in-law), and two sisters for their input. Helpfully, they all chose a different design as their favourite! The Big Fella won't be drawn into the debate, and I am generally incapable of making decisions - which is why, dear readers, I asked you. But apart from the wholesale rejection of design C (which was my first attempt), there is no clear winner... so it's back to me. I think it will be B or D...


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?