<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, December 17, 2004

I'm dreaming of a "Witho" Christmas


It's my last afternoon of work before the Christmas holidays. Due to the terrible feelings of jealously I suffer as a result of living with a teacher, I have elected to take as many days of holiday as he has. Well, almost - his last day was Wednesday.

The good thing about temping is: if I don't work, I don't get paid, so I can take time off and no-one can really bat an eyelid.

However, the bad thing about temping is: if I don't work, I don't get paid.

The good thing about temping after a period of unemployment, when you used to get private medical insurance as part of your package and your tax code was set up based upon that fact is that, when the Inland Revenue finally get their arses in gear, you get a nice tax rebate in your pay just before Christmas!

The bad thing about temping after a period of unemployment [... blah blah blah...] is, erm... oh something or other...

So, tonight, my mission (should I choose to accept it) will be to wrap all of the presents for the Withos because this weekend is *drum roll* "The Witho Christmas"!

Before you all come running up to me brandishing calendars and screeching "Wait, Witho, you're a week early" - it's okay, I know. We Withos will be spending "real" Christmas with our "in-laws", so the gathering of the Withos (a.k.a. "Hulkers Unite") will take place exactly one week early.

BF, however, will not be attending this prestigious affair. Firstly, tomorrow is his mum's birthday. Secondly, he has managed to secure tickets for Old Trafford for tomorrow evening's match. Thirdly, he will be indulging in a gathering of school chums for their annual Manchester-based ceremony of schoolboyishness. So, as I speak, he is aloft in one of these new fangled aeroplanes (have you noticed how "airplane" is becoming more and more common nowadays in UK English?), winging his way up the Western flange of this isle of ours to his homeland. I shall be making the same journey myself, some 4 days hence.



This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?