<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, February 03, 2005

Charmed, I'm sure...

One of my Christmas presents from my brother (though, knowing him, I'm sure he had no input either into the choosing, purchasing or wrapping of the item - that's what my sister-in-law is there for. I remember the first time I got a "girlie" birthday present from my brother - it was when he started going out with [insert sister-in-law's name]... I was lucky if I got a Texan bar before this) is the item you see below.


Posted by Hello

It's a charm bracelet - a contemporary version thereof. Apparently, these things are "all the rage" somewhere or other, though I've never seen one. They are described as "Italian charm bracelets" - you only have to type this into Google to see sites devoted to them - and quite a money spinner they must be.

It's a simple stainless steel framework - the idea being that you slot links in with different designs. Currently, I have a yin-yang symbol (being a bit of a hippy), an ice cream cone (?), my first initial and a heart which says "Aunt" on it (from my nephew, apparently, though again, I'm not sure how much input he had into this affair...).

There are loads of other charms available (just look on ebay) - some hideously tacky, of course, but I think most people could find something they like.

I've got my eye on one which has a picture of a hand being held aloft, with the slogan: "Talk to the hand". Like it.

I don't know why I'm telling you all this really, but I'm aware that I haven't posted much recently. I started my new job this week which is giving me plenty to think about, and it's all been quite frantic with the preparations for house-buying...



This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?