<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, February 28, 2005

Nocturnal emissions...

... though not the kind you were thinking of, I suspect.

I awake the other night in one of my usual bewildered states, thinking: "Wha...?". The Big Fella, beside me, suddenly starts speaking, clearly and eloquently, projecting his voice across the room:

"I would do so, but forty minutes with any attempt at innuendo would clearly make it very unwise!".

"Wha...?" I think, again. I blink as my eyes become accustomed to the dim light and turn to look at him. His eyes are tightly shut, his breathing is long and slow. He is asleep. He had spoken with perfect diction, no slurring, no babbling, none of the usual trappings of somniloquists (and what a fantastic word!). What was going on in his head as he spoke is probably best left unanswered, but so impressed am I that I note his outburst in my mobile phone (we operate a paperless environment, don't you know... either that, or it was the first thing that came to hand...).

In the morning, I present him with his nocturnal "oeuvre". Evidently, he has no recollection...

A Monday less ordinary...

... mainly because I can walk without hobbling, I can sit for a while without my right knee seizing up, I can lower myself into the driver's seat of my car without wincing. I missed running club yesterday. I have a chesty cough and my lungs are not operating at full capacity. A 12 mile run would have been unlikely to improve this situation...


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?