<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, May 18, 2005

Come on you reds

There’s always that moment of nervous anticipation before the event together with that nagging doubt. You almost want to feel those pangs in the pit of your abdomen as the day approaches. Whilst you know that all appropriate steps have been taken, you still wonder how you’ll deal with it if the worst were to happen. You try not to thing about it, but it’s there, in the back of your mind. Until the day comes, you won’t be able to relax. "Come on", you mutter to yourself, through gritted teeth, "come oooon!"

It was some relief, then, that yesterday, four days late, my period nonchalantly breezed onto the scene, "comme si de rien n’était"...

"What?" it asks, somewhat indignantly as I roll my eyes upward and heave a sigh of relief.
"You’re late!"
"Come on, only four days..."
"But you’re never late! I was worried, okay?"
"Give me a break. How long have you known me now?"
"Now then, let’s see... Christ, it must be 20 years"
"Have I ever let you down before?"
"Well, no... apart from a couple of occasions where you turned up early" I concede
"You know, you really should learn to trust me. I know what I'm doing..."



This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?