<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, May 15, 2005

Sisters are doin' it...

... or should that be: "Sisters have been and gone and done it"?


 Posted by Hello
Witho and big sis' after the race

I'm so proud of my big sister. She ran the whole 5km - the furthest she's ever run. She'd been training on the treadmill and before yesterday had only managed 4km. She started run/walking in November and, as a busy working mum, could only manage lunchtime sessions on the treadmill, but she worked hard at it and despite still claiming that she hates running, she persevered.

I let her set the pace and just stayed with her. At one point, she was even heard to say: "They're going too slowly!" We passed the finishing line at 34:57 which was faster than she was expecting (being in possession of the Witho "pessimist" gene).

I took a photo en route using my camera-phone. Apologies for the blurriness, but I *was* running at the time and you *could* say that it gives the photo a certain dynamism... possibly...


 Posted by Hello

I know there are some people who are reading this thinking: "Yeah, whatever, but I don't think I could run 5km". I know this because I thought that a couple of years ago. My sister still thought that a couple of months ago. But do you know what? We both could and did...

I'm so proud to have inspired her... she amazed herself yesterday.



This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?